Stir fried squid recipe is a seafood recipe and one of the simplest and fastest dishes to prepare. If you are on a rush and thinking of a good meal to serve to your loved ones, stir fried squid recipe is the best solution of your seafood recipe choice.
Stir Fried Squid is a dish where you use the method of stir frying where you cook the squid in just a small amount of oil in a wok over high flame. This is most common in Asian Countries especially in Chinese cookery.
In this spicy stir fried squid recipe, I used gochujang (This is a thick red paste made from glutinous rice, red chilies, fermented soybeans and salt) instead of the usual stir fried squid recipe with oyster sauce.
You can buy gochujang in any Korean Marts and also at SM Supermarket/Hypermarket. Consider checking at Puregold too to see if gochujang is available.
Just remember that when you’re cooking squid recipes, do not over cook the squid, cook it in high flame for just few minutes to avoid the rubbery texture. Same with other seafoods like shrimp or prawns, crabs, mussels and clams.
Try this Spicy Stir fried squid recipe at your home and be an expert with this simple and easy to follow recipe.
SPICY STIR FRIED SQUID RECIPE
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- 3 squid
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 pcs finger chile
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. gochujang
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Clean and remove the ink sack from the squid. Cut into rings.
- Slice bell peppers and onion into triangle, then cut chili into 3.
- Prepare the sauce by combining garlic, soy sauce, gochujang and sugar. Mix them well.
- Place the pan over high heat and add a little amount of oil. Saute white onion, finger chile, and green bell pepper all at once.
- Add squid and sauce. Stir fry for around 2 minutes or just until squid turns white in color.
- Serve immediately.
Let us know what you think of our Spicy Stir Fried Squid Recipe. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop a line through our comment section below. The Urban Recipes would love to hear from you. Feedbacks will definitely help and improve us more to provide you with only the best recipes that you all deserve. Happy Cooking everyone!