Reuben Sandwich Appetizer Recipe is an American sandwich usually served hot and as an appetizer. You can also have it as your snack. It usually consists of corned beef, Sauerkraut, Swiss Cheese and Russian or Thousand Island dressing which is grilled between two slices of rye breads.
Remember to grill the sides of each bread slowly to achieve the golden brown and the crispy outside sandwich that you want. One good way to do this is to cook the Reuben Sandwich in an electric grilling machine, such as George Foreman Grill. It is an indoor grilling machine that provides a unique way of cooking both sides of Reuben Sandwich at once until the bread is nice and toasted. Another thing is that the cheese melts perfectly.
There are several variants of Reuben sandwich appetizer recipe that exists. However, in this Reuben Sandwich Appetizer Recipe, we made it the classic way. I also specified below that I just drained the sauerkraut and did not rinse it because we love its appetizing flavor which compliments well with the Reuben Sandwich.
We hope you will like Reuben sandwich appetizer recipe and try it now.
REUBEN SANDWICH APPETIZER RECIPE
Preparation Time: 10 MINS.
Assembly Time: 2 MINS.
Cooking Time: 5 MINS.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 4 slices rye bread
- 4 slices sliced corned beef or Pastrami
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- ½ cup sauerkraut (drained) not rinsed
- ¼ cup thousand island dressing
- Preheat a large skillet or griddle on medium heat.
- Lightly butter one side of bread slices. Spread non-buttered sides with Thousand Island dressing. Layer a slice of Swiss cheese, 1 slice corned beef or Pastrami, 1/8 cup sauerkraut and second slice of Swiss cheese. Top with remaining bread slices, buttered sides out.
- Grill sandwiches until both sides are golden brown, about 3-5 minutes per side. Serve hot.
Let us know what you think about Reuben Sandwich Appetizer Recipe. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop a line through our comment section below. The Urban Recipes would love to hear from you. Feedbacks will definitely help and improve us more to provide you with only the best recipes that you all deserve. Happy Cooking everyone!