French Onion Soup Recipe is an easy and quick to cook soup recipe. There are only two components in cooking a great tasting French onion soup recipe.
First is the beef stock; your French onion soup will be as good as the stock you are using. Quick French onion soup easy to cook recipe is traditionally made with beef stock, although beef stock is a bit hard and expensive to make. You can use beef broth but make sure to taste them first, if it is not appealing to your taste, never use it.
Second is the caramelized onions; you have to properly caramelized the onions. You can achieve this by slow and long cooking process of the onions. The deeper its color, the tastier and flavory it gets.
I love this French onion soup on a comforting day especially on rainy days.
Try this Quick French Onion Soup Easy to Cook Recipe at home and enjoy!
QUICK FRENCH ONION SOUP EASY TO COOK RECIPE
Preparation Time: 15 MINS.
Cooking Time: 40-50 MINS.
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 bulbs Onion (yellow)
- 2 cups Beef stock
- 2 Tbsp White Wine
- 1 Bay leaf
- Ground black pepper
- Pinch of dried thyme
- Pinch of salt
- 1 slice French bread
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Put olive oil in saucepan, stir in onions and sauté until translucent.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until onions are lightly golden.
- Uncover and sprinkle with salt.
- Raise the heat to medium and cook uncovered, add the butter, stirring often until onions are deep golden brown.
- Sprinkle sugar over caramelized onions and cook, stirring flour until slightly browned.
- Stir constantly, add the minced garlic, and slowly pour in the wine.
- Add the stock and the seasonings: bay leaf and thyme.
- Bring to a boil, season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until onions begin to fall apart.
- Toast sliced bread (baguette) in a pan with melted unsalted butter until slightly golden brown.
- Portion onion soup in individual soup bowl and you can top with slice of toasted bread. Sprinkle evenly with cheese on top of the toast.
- Use handheld torch and apply flame to the top of the dish until the cheese is completely melted and slightly browned. Serve while hot.
Let us know what you think of our Quick French Onion Soup Easy to Cook Recipe. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop a line through our comment section below. The Urban Recipes would love to hear from you. Feedbacks will definitely help and improve us more to provide you with only the best recipes that you all deserve. Happy Cooking everyone!