A Quick and Easy to make homemade Creme Brulee Recipe is a dessert recipe. A custard topped with caramelized sugar. Creme brulee’s recipe exact origin is uncertain. Spain, England and France claimed to be the country where the creme brulee had originated. Creme brulee is a French word literally means “burned cream”.
Creme brulee is made of custard and it is topped with a thin layer of brittle crust caramelized sugar. Creme brulee can be served cold or warm. Creme brulee is the richest type of the custard recipes because of its heavy cream and yolks.
I love desserts because of my sweet tooth, and this is one of the reasons why I love to make time to cook creme brulee aside from cooking different desserts for my family and to satisfy my daughter with her sweet cravings. I am always delighted with creme brulee because of its creamy taste that’s why I wanted to share this quick and easy to make homemade creme brulee recipe and made it easy to follow.
Try preparing this quick and easy to make homemade Creme Brulee Recipe for high level of satisfaction on sweet cravings.
QUICK AND EASY TO MAKE HOMEMADE CREME BRULEE
Preparation Time: 10 MINS.
Cooking Time: 50 MINS.
- 2 Egg yolks
- ¼ tsp Vanilla extract
- 250ml Heavy cream
- 30g Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees C (329 degrees F). Have your ramekins ready and a shallow baking pan just large enough to hold them.
- Beat egg yolks and vanilla until mixture thickens. Set aside. In a saucepan over medium high heat, warm the cream and granulated sugar, stirring until small bubbles form along the edges of the pan and sugar dissolves. Gradually whisk the cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture. Strain through fine mesh and sieve the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekins. Pour boiling water into the baking dish and put in the ramekins. Bake until the custards are set but still jiggle slightly in the middle when ramekins are shaken and a thin skin has formed on top, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer baking dish to a wire rack and let custards cool slowly. Remove ramekins from baking dish and let the custard cool to room temperature. Put in chiller until well set for 3-4 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle top evenly with brown sugar. Use a kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar. Serve at once.
Let us know what you think of our Quick and Easy to Make Homemade Creme Brulee. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop a line through our comment section below. The Urban Recipes would love to hear from you. Feedbacks will definitely help and improve us more to provide you with only the best recipes that you all deserve. Happy Cooking everyone!