Potatoes Au Gratin Easy Recipe is one of the recipes I mastered well because it’s one of Charred and Sofia’s favorite dishes. They always ask me to cook potatoes au gratin whenever we have occasion, or even for ordinary days. Sometimes when we’re thinking of having a simple T-bone steak for lunch, they want Potatoes Au Gratin as our side dish. They love the taste of that creamy sauce and those different variants of cheese I use in this potato au gratin easy recipe.
Potatoes Au Gratin is one of the most common gratins in France. Slices of boiled potatoes are put in a baking dish, mixed with creamy sauce and sprinkled with variants of cheese.
Potatoes au gratin easy recipe is just a simple and easy recipe and you could always cook it whenever you want to. And because this dish is heavenly delicious, it will make you crave for it.
You can also combine potatoes au gratin as a side dish with dishes like Roast Beef, or Steak.
Try the Potatoes Au Gratin Easy Recipe for your families and friends.
POTATO AU GRATIN EASY RECIPE
Preparation Time: 20 MINS.
Cooking Time: 30-40 MINS.
- 350g potatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 100g cream
- 50g milk
- White pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Scrub the potatoes and simmer or steam them until tender but still firm.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and cut them into uniform slices as for potato chips.
- Toss the potatoes in salt and garlic and arrange them in a greased pan.
- Mix the cream and milk then lightly season with pepper. Bring to simmer.
- Layer potatoes and cream mixture alternately in a greased baking pan.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 50 minutes at 350⁰F.
- Remove from the oven and uncover. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bring back to oven. Bake for another 15 minutes or until cheese melted. Served.
Let us know what you think of our Potatoes Au Gratin Easy Recipe. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop a line through our comment section below. The Urban Recipes would love to hear from you. Feedbacks will definitely help and improve us more to provide you with only the best recipes that you all deserve. Happy Cooking everyone!