Fish en Papillote Recipe is a fish recipe, in French, En papillote is “in parchment”. This is a method of cooking where the food is inside a folded parchment paper or foil. The parchment paper holds the moisture to steam the food inside.
Fish en Papillote recipe will take you to a whole new level of preparing fish because of the steam inside the parchment paper cause them to puff up, with the right moisture of your fish and when you cut open it, you will surely make your way to the dinner table because of the aromatic steam. The gremolata is just a simple mixture of garlic, lemon zest and parsley minced together but will definitely bring delicious flavors.
This mixture will surely work with anything like trout or salmon fillets, dory, mackerel or blue fish. You can also
Try this healthy and cholesterol free Fish En Papillote Recipe perfect for you and your family.
FISH EN PAPILLOTE RECIPE
Preparation Time: 15 MINS.
Cooking Time: 15 MINS.
- 1 pc lean white fish
- 1 medium ginger
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium carrot (julienned)
- 1 sprig of parsley (chopped)
- 1 sprig of fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (ciseler)
- 2 green or red chilies (you can add them both if desired)
- Pinch of dried marjoram
- Salt and pepper
- ½ tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. softened butter
- Parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees C.
- Cut parchment paper into a heart shape enough to contain the fish.
- Layer half of the julienned carrot into the paper.
- Meanwhile, season fish with salt and pepper, parsley, garlic, ginger, cilantro, red onion, chilies and marjoram.
- Place it over the layer of carrots then top it again with the remaining vegetables.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the fish then spread the butter.
- Fold the parchment paper and crimp the sides making sure it is sealed well. Place it on rimmed baking sheet. Bake until parchment paper puffs around 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Carefully cut the parchment paper and avoid the escaping steam (that’s hot!).
- Plate and serve.
Let us know what you think of our Fish En Papillote Recipe. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop a line through our comment section below. The Urban Recipes would love to hear from you. Feedbacks will definitely help and improve us more to provide you with only the best recipes that you all deserve. Happy Cooking everyone!