Easy Korean Buldak Recipe is a recipe where I learned from our Korean Cuisine lesson way back in our Culinary days. The picture I used in this recipe is the one taken when we cooked this Korean buldak recipe in our school.
Charred and I love korean food as much as we love Filipino food. And as much as we love cooking, we also love dining out in Korean Restaurants here in the Philippines. We love spicy foods that is why Korean cuisine captured our hearts. We are one of those Filipinos who are crazy about the Samgyeopsal and other Korean dishes.
Korean buldak recipe is one of those recipes that you wouldn’t mind preparing and cooking for you and your family to enjoy even on a simple day. This easy korean buldak recipe just like any other Korean dishes is a spicy dish.
Korean Buldak recipe is a recipe where a chicken is heavily spiced. The term bul in korean word means “fire” and dak means “chicken”. This korean buldak recipe became famous because of its extraordinary spiciness. Even other Koreans can’t stand to eat this korean buldak dish. So if you are a fan of extremely spicy dish just like us, believe me, you will surely love this korean buldak dish just like us.
EASY KOREAN BULDAK RECIPE
Preparation Time: 20 MINS.
Cooking Time: 20 MINS.
- 4 chicken drumstick or 2 chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. rice wine
- 2 stalk spring onion
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 3 tbsp. kochukaru
- 1/2 cup Korean pear
- 1/2 part of an onion
- 2 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Wash and drain chicken drumstick. If using chicken breast, cut into strips.
In a bowl, mix chicken with soy sauce, sugar, honey, rice, wine and pepper.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Puree all the ingredients for the sauce in a blender. Set aside.
- On a pan, cook chicken over medium heat until it has a good golden brown color, set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the sauce and marinade then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Bring back the fried chicken; adjust seasoning.
- Simmer for another 2 minutes or until the sauce coats the chicken well.
- To serve, remove from pan and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Let us know what you think of our Easy Korean Buldak Recipe. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop a line through our comment section below. The Urban Recipes would love to hear from you. Feedbacks will definitely help and improve us more to provide you with only the best recipes that you all deserve. Happy Cooking everyone!