This post is about one of the best appetizers in the Philippines. Ensaladang Lechon Kawali can be served as a main course with rice. Most Filipinos love this during lunch or dinner. And just the way they love this as their main course with rice, men here in the Philippines appreciate this more during occassions or even on a simple gathering with friends as their appetizer or what is called here in the Philippines as “pulutan”. This is because of the appetizing taste of this ensaladang lechon kawali that makes it one of the perfect partners of beers.
You can actually serve Lechon Kawali because it is so good as it is. But if you are on a look for something different and still want a lechon kawali to be in the dish, I recommend this ensaladang lechon kawali. For those that are wondering how to cook a crispy lechon kawali, you can also check the recipe for my Lechon Kawali that I posted here so you will have a quick guide on how to do lechon kawali with just few steps.
(see Easy Crispy Lechon Kawali Recipe – Fry, Baked or Oven Style for reference)
Easy ensaladang lechon kawali recipe is a pork recipe from the Philippines. It is so easy to prepare, just follow the recipe below and Voila! you already have an Ensaladang Lechon Kawali. Especially for those looking for something to cook for their friends and planning to have a drink at home, this is definitely a good choice when thinking of pork recipes.
EASY ENSALADANG LECHON KAWALI RECIPE
Preparation Time: 15-20 MINS.
Cooking Time: 15 MINS.
- 5-6 slices of lechon kawali (cut into bite sizes)
- 4 tbsp Anchovy sauce (bagoong isda)
- 5-6 Calamansi (juiced)
- pinch of gound black pepper
- 3 wild chilies (minced)
- 1 Large white onion (cut into cubes)
- Cilantro or celery leaves
- 1 cucumber (cut into cubes)
- 3 Tomatoes (cut into cubes)
- Prepare ensalada while waiting for the lechon kawali.
- Mix the chopped cucumber, tomatoes, cilantro or celery leaves in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the ensalada sauce. Mix anchovy sauce (bagoong isda), ground black pepper and calamansi juice. Taste for adjustment. Set aside.
- Let the cooked lechon kawali rest for few minutes and be ready for chopping.
- Chop the lechon kawali into chunky bite size.
- In a large bowl, mix the chopped lechon kawali and the ensalada. Toss lightly.
- Using a spoon, pour the sauce on your ensaladang lechon kawali
Let us know what you think of our Easy Ensaladang Lechon Kawali Recipe. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop a line through our comment section below. The Urban Recipes would love to hear from you. Feedbacks will definitely help and improve us more to provide you with only the best recipes that you all deserve. Happy Cooking everyone!