Bearnaise sauce is considered the child of the mother sauce Hollandaise sauce; this is one of the five mother sauces. This easy bearnaise sauce recipe for steak is simple yet requires a careful hand with plenty of whisking.
Easy Bearnaise Sauce Recipe for Steak is a sauce recipe made from clarified butter, egg yolk, white wine vinegar and herbs. I did some experiments and mastered this bearnaise sauce recipe because my family always asks for beef steak recipes and bearnaise sauce is the prefect pair.
Bearnaise sauce is deliciously creamy and really a great pair for beef steaks especially Beef Wellington (you can also check out our Beef wellington Recipe for reference).
You can add any herbs you want with your bearnaise sauce that will compliment your dish like onion powder, cinnamon, parsley or thyme. To achieve a great tasting Bearnaise sauce, keep in mind to use good quality unsalted butter. In this easy bearnaise sauce recipe for steak, I added the herbs and ingredients I want for my bearnaise sauce to be creamier and deliciously good for my Beef Wellington.
Try this Easy Bearnaise Sauce Recipe for Steak now.
EASY BEARNAISE SAUCE RECIPE FOR STEAK
Preparation Time: 10 MINS.
Cooking Time: 25 MINS.
- 1 stick Butter (unsalted), melted
- 2 pc Shallot (minced)
- ¼ cup White Wine Vinegar or Champagne Vinegar
- ¼ cup dry White wine
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 tsp dried Tarragon (¼ cup fresh leaves)
- 3 pcs Egg yolk
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Clarify the butter. Keep the butter warm but not hot.
- Combine shallot, vinegar, wine, tarragon, and peppercorns in a saucepan and reduce by three fourths. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Hold a stainless bowl over a hot water bath; beat until the yolks are thickened and creamy together with the vinegar reduction.
- Remove the bowl from the heat. Using a ladle, slowly and gradually beat in the warm butter, drop by drop at first. If the sauce become too thick to beat before all the butter is added, beat in a little lemon juice and warm water.
- Add heavy cream and beat again.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm not hot for serving.
Let us know what you think of our Easy Bearnaise Sauce Recipe for Steak. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop a line through our comment section below. The Urban Recipes would love to hear from you. Feedbacks will definitely help and improve us more to provide you with only the best recipes that you all deserve. Happy Cooking everyone!