Easy baked baby back ribs or roast baby back ribs is one of the most favorite foods of many. Everyone love this heavenly dish but others failed in thinking that it is a bit complicated recipe. But honestly, this easy baked baby back ribs is just so easy to prepare at home. I personally love this and I know you can find different variants or recipes online when it comes to baby back ribs.
In this easy baked baby back ribs, you will see that there are a lot of ingredients listed for bbq sauce, as well as with the rub. This is because I wanted to cook this recipe from scratch. It gives me the feeling of satisfaction that I was able to prepare and bake baby back ribs despite of all the ingredients where I can just grab a barbeque sauce from the grocery store anytime I want to and use it for my baby back ribs.
Starting from scratch also gives you the control wether you want additional amount on each of the ingredients just like adding the amount of hot sauce or brown sugar to give a sweeter and spicier taste. In doing so, baked baby back ribs will be more flavorful and succulent. For those who want an easier recipe, I will be posting a new recipe for baked baby back ribs soon. But for the meantime, those of you who’s like me, you can follow this step by step guide in preparing a luscious baked baby back ribs.
Try this scrumptious Easy baked baby back ribs recipe for you and your loved ones and let us know what you think.
EASY BAKED BABY BACK RIBS RECIPE
Preparation Time: 15 MINS.
Cooking Time: 4-5 HOURS
- 2kg Back Slab
- 2tbsp brown sugar
- 1tbsp paprika
- 1tsp black peppercorn(crushed)
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 4tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1tbsp white vinegar
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tsp all spice powder
- 1tsp chili powder
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp hot sauce
- 1tbsp brown sugar
- 1tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp peppercorn
- ½ tbsp Molasses
- Rinse clean and pat dry ribs.
- Turn the rib over to the underside. You will see a white membrane that is also called “silver skin”. This is the “critical” part if you want to serve the best baby back ribs just because it is tough and stringy. You will not achieve a great fall off the bone baby back ribs if you don’t get rid of it. Remove membrane by using a butter knife or teaspoon, although teaspoon is better than using the knife. Wedge it just underneath of the membrane to loosen. Pull the membrane up and off the bone. This time, you can just use your fingers to remove the rest of the membrane.
- Season ribs with “RUB RECIPE”
- Wrap it with aluminum foil, make sure that the ribs is enclose with the foil. Now wrap it again with a cling wrap. (to maintain the steam to the meat and make it tastier)
- Put in chiller for 4hours or overnight but if you want to bake them right away after seasoning the ribs, you can do so. Chilling the ribs for 4-8hours is optional if you want to get an even more flavorful baby back ribs.
- Straight from the chiller, put ribs in baking sheet or tray then to the oven with its foil and cling wrap on.
- Bake for 4 hours.
- Remove from the oven, unwrap and brush with BBQ SAUCE, wrap it with the foil again then put back in the oven. Bake for another hour or two until the meat is tender.
- After baking for 1-2 hours, unwrap the ribs.
- Rest for 15 minutes to keep the meat juice inside.
- Remove the ribs from the foil and brush with BBQ SAUCE. Be generous when brushing barbeque sauce on the ribs. Brush on a lot until all sides are perfectly done.
- Put them in the oven again but this time on the top rack of your oven and broil them for about 15 minutes. Keep a good watch on your baby back ribs, don’t let them burn.
You can also do the finishing touches on your baby back ribs by grilling your baby back ribs. Just disregard the Number 12 on this procedure and start grilling your baby back ribs after Procedure Number 11. Grill each side of the ribs for 3-5 minutes until you get nicely done and lightly burned ribs (if you will google my name, that’s what it means, laughs!). Remember not to overcook the ribs though.
Place in a rack and let rest for few minutes. Chop the baby back ribs. Plate and serve. Enjoy!
On my final note for this Easy Baked Baby Back Ribs Recipe, the secret to achieve a fall off the bone baby back ribs is a low and slow oven baked. But how good does it sounds when I tell you right now that with just 4 simple ingredients (well, you can add the slab of baby back ribs so that’ll make it 5), you can have a satisfying baked baby back ribs just as good as this one? You might say that, what the hell this guy is talking about?! You will know what I’m talking about if you check out my wife’s Oven Cooking Sweet and Spicy Baby Back Ribs Recipe for a full recipe and its procedure.
Let me know what you think of this Easy Baked Baby Back Ribs Recipe. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop a line through our comment section below. The Urban Recipes would love to hear from you. Feedbacks will definitely help and improve us more to provide you with only the best recipes that you all deserve. Happy Cooking everyone!