Classic club sandwich recipe also called “club sandwich” is a sandwich of toasted bread, sliced cooked poultry, ham, fried bacon, tomato, lettuce and mayo. It is cut into halves or quarters and hold together by an appetizer/starter stick.
Classic club sandwich recipe is one of the recipes we always love, aside from being so simple and easy to prepare; your taste buds will surely enjoy this sandwich especially those who love ham, bacon, roast chicken or turkey. Club sandwich is also great to prepare and serve to your families and guests during parties.
You could always experiment with what you want to go in your Classic club sandwich recipe. Some uses roast beef or roast pork depending on the availability of the ingredients in the kitchen. Some wants seafood ingredients like shrimp and imitation crab meat that is always available in any grocery stores. Others just use ham and egg to make it plain and simple. You can also do so if you don’t have any available ingredients at home. In some cases, others who don’t eat meat may add portobello mushroom or grilled zucchini instead of the meat.
In regards with the lettuce, you can use Romaine, Green Leaf or Iceberg depending on your choice.
Here in The Urban Recipes, what goes with our Classic club sandwich recipe is the usual ingredients like ham, bacon and chicken to make the preparation of your Club Sandwich be easy and simple. But as I have said earlier, you can always step out of your comfort zone by using other ingredients of meat that could go with your Club Sandwich.
The fun part in making club sandwich is the way you cut your club sandwich. You must use a sharp Chef’s knife to achieve beautifully cut club sandwiches. Do this by cutting the sandwich starting from corner to corner diagonally to achieve a triangle shape. Sandwiches especially club sandwiches is known of its triangular shape to expose the interior and by doing this, it engages more of your senses just before you take the first bite. Plus it is better to eat because of its shape. There’s the narrow corner that you can delicately place in your mouth.
Try this Classic Club Sandwich Recipe now and enjoy it with your family and relatives.
CLASSIC CLUB SANDWICH RECIPE
Preparation Time: 10 MINS.
Cooking Time: 25 MINS.
- 6pcs slice white bread
- 4 slices Bacon (pan fried)
- 2 slices Ham (pan fried)
- 1 Tomato (large-sized cut into rings)
- 4 Green Leaf Lettuce (small-sized)
- 2 slices Cheese
- Chicken breast (roast or fried)
- Egg (scrambled or hard boiled egg)
MAYO MUSTARD GARLIC DRESSING:
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 4 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- pinch of Sugar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp – 1 tsp Mustard (if you like the tangy taste of the mustard, you can add a bit more)
- Rinse the lettuce and tomato. Cut the lettuce depending on the size of the bread.
- Cut the tomato into 4 rings.
- Set aside the slices of lettuce and tomatoes.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients of Mayo Mustard Garlic Dressing. You can add the sugar as an option if you like a semi sweet and sour taste of the dressing.
- Pan griddle each side of the bread until they are nicely done and toasted.
- To assemble the club sandwich, start from the base bread. Use a table knife and thinly spread the mayo mustard garlic dressing in one layer of the bread.
- Start adding the ingredients. Add the ham, sliced lettuce, 2 tomato ring on each side of the bread, scrambled or mashed hard boiled egg, then add another toasted bread on top.
- Add the chicken, bacon and cheese.
- Lastly, top the sandwich with the final piece of toasted bread.
- Do these steps again for the remaining toasted breads.
- Cut the sandwiches from corner to corner diagonally. Secure these cut club sandwiches with a clean toothpick.
- Arrange the club sandwiches into a plate and serve with a side of potato fries or chips.
Let us know what you think of our Classic club sandwich recipe. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop a line through our comment section below. The Urban Recipes would love to hear from you. Feedbacks will definitely help and improve us more to provide you with only the best recipes that you all deserve. Happy Cooking everyone!