Chinese Char Siu Pork Recipe is a Chinese Origin meaning “Chinese Style Roast Pork” which is a popular way to season and prepare barbecued pork. Chinese Char Siu Pork is not usually served on its own but features in many dishes such as fried rice, stuffing in a bun and paired with stir-fried noodles such as Sing Jau Chow Mai-SIngapore Noodles.
(see Sing Jau Chow Mai – Singapore Noodles Recipe for reference)
Chinese Char Siu Pork recipe is one of the famous pork recipes especially in the most part of Asia and Chinese Cuisines. Chinese char siu pork recipe is easy to prepare, however, the complicated part with this pork recipe is the ingredients if it’s not available in your area. One good place to get these ingredients is from Chinese groceries where they sell all the ingredients below. What we did with our ingredients for Chinese char siu recipe is we made sure we bought some extra so I can always cook it whenever I want without rushing back to the Chinese grocery.
Chinese char siu pork recipe is a very tasty recipe and we are pretty sure that you will love the result. When chinese char siu pork recipe is cooked, you can keep the remaining meat in refrigerator for about a week up to 3 months when kept in freezer. You can also slice it and add the remaining marinade sauce before packing it up and freezing the Chinese char siu pork.
Try this Chinese Char Siu Pork Recipe at your home. Kids will definitely love this dish because of its sweet taste.
CHINESE CHAR SIU PORK RECIPE
Preparation Time: 10 MINS.
Cooking Time: 1-2 HOURS
- Half pork liempo
- 3 tbsp. honey dissolved
- 1 tbsp. boiling water for marinade
- 1 tsp. yellow bean sauce
- 1 tbsp. red fermented bean curd
- 1 tsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. shaoxing rice wine
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- Combine all the marinade ingredients.
- Marinate the pork for at least 3 hours or overnight if you are looking for tastier pork.
- Pre-heat oven 425⁰F (220⁰C), bake for 15 minutes. Then lower the temperature to 250⁰F (120⁰C). Turn the pork over.
- Roast the pork for another 1 ½ to 2 additional hours. Turn it every 30 minutes to avoid burning the pork. Take out the baking dish out of the oven when the pork reaches the temperature of 160⁰F (70⁰C).
- Slice the chinese char siu pork recipe before serving, remember that this pork dish is good for various dishes just like noodles or as rice topping.
Let us know what you think of our Chinese Char Siu Pork Recipe. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop a line through our comment section below. The Urban Recipes would love to hear from you. Feedbacks will definitely help and improve us more to provide you with only the best recipes that you all deserve. Happy Cooking everyone!