Chicken Pot Pie Healthy Recipe is type of meat pie with a top crust commonly made of flaky pastry.
It is said that chicken pot pie was originated from Greece. It is a process of cooking meats and placing them in an open pastry shell that was called “artocreas”. It was Romans who added top crust to make chicken pot pie recipe an actual pie.
I always love dishes with dough especially when it is flaky. One good tip if you want to achieve a flaky dough in your chicken pot pie, do not overwork your dough.
This chicken pot pie healthy recipe is extremely appetizing and I just love the taste in my mouth plus the creamy chicken taste. It is definitely a healthy recipe for those who are not eating red meat.
We know that you will enjoy this chicken pot pie healthy recipe as we made it simple and easy to follow.
Try it now to have this delicious dish at your home and be chicken pot pie expert!
CHICKEN POT PIE HEALTHY RECIPE
Preparation Time: 45 MINS.
Cooking Time: 50 MINS.
- 100g cooked chicken meat
- 15g carrots, macedoine
- 15g potatoes, macedoine
- 15g onion, cisler
- 15g green peas
FOR THE VELOUTE:
- 125 ml chicken stock
- 10g flour
- 10g butter
- Pinch of dried tarragon
FOR THE FLAKY PIE DOUGH:
- 60g all-purpose flour
- 40g shortening
- 1g salt
- 15g cold water
- Prepare pie dough by placing flour and shortening in mixing bowl.
- Rub or cut shortening into flour until fat particles are the size of peas.
- Add salt to water and pour gently just until water is absorbed. Do not overwork the dough.
- Cover the dough in plastic film and rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cook VELOUTE sauce then set aside.
- Sauté onion and chicken breast in a pan with heated oil. Add potatoes, carrots and peas then cook for a few minutes.
- Add the VELOUTE to the mixture. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Transfer chicken in baking dish, cover with rolled flaky pie dough.
Brush with egg wash then bake for 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Serve hot.
Let us know what you think about our chicken pot pie healthy recipe. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop a line through our comment section below. The Urban Recipes would love to hear from you. Feedbacks will definitely help and improve us more to provide you with only the best recipes that you all deserve. Happy Cooking everyone!