Best Traditional Filipino Seafood Paella Recipe is a recipe I learned from our Spanish Cuisine lesson. This is also the same picture taken when Charred and I cooked this in the school. We don’t want to change this picture since it is the very first time we knew and learned how to cook a traditional paella recipe from Spain, this one is seafood. This is one of our favorite dishes and we love it using seafood as our main ingredient.
Remember when you’re cooking a paella, if you ever added too much liquid in your paella dish and the rice is already cooked. Just take out the excess liquid from the pan. So you won’t get a mushy paella. I also missed with this one during the first time we cooked this in our School. I accidentally added too much stock on my paella and just removed the excess liquid.
In this recipe, I consider this the best seafood paella recipe because the shrimps and mussels were perfectly and surely, you won’t really go wrong with seafoods. I just made some revisions in this recipe from the old recipe we learned from school. You can also look for other paella recipes in different regions of Spain where they cook paellas differently and the ingredients they use too.
The good thing about cooking Paella is that you can always experiment with the ingredients you have. And another good thing in this Best Traditional Filipino Seafood Paella Recipe, I added some touch of Asian cuisine too. So if you’re thinking of what to serve to your guests if you have an upcoming event, this Best Traditional Filipino Seafood Paella Recipe is one of the recommended dishes.
BEST TRADITIONAL FILIPINO SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE
Preparation Time: 1 HOUR, 30 MINS.
Cooking Time: 45 MINS.
- 400g rice(preferably short grain)
- 10 pcs large shrimps (washed)
- 10 pcs large mussels (washed)
- 1pc spanish chorizo (slices)
- 100g green beans
- 1 small bell pepper (strips)
- 6 pcs tomato (peeled & seeded)
- 2 small bell peppers (minced)
- 1 head of garlic (minced)
- 1 whole onion (minced)
1.5L MEAT STOCK:
- Olive oil for frying
- Pinch of saffron threads
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of thyme
- Pinch of rosemary
- Rub chicken with salt. Cut the green beans into desired size. Cut the bell pepper into strips. Mince the tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan; fry the strips of bell pepper, set aside.
- Blanch the shrimps and mussels, set aside.
- Lightly fry the Sofrito.
- Lightly fry the Chorizo.
- To prepare the meat stock: Steep saffron threads on 2.5L of water. Add the fried pepper strips, shrimps, mussels, sofrito, chorizo, green beans, salt and the herbs.
- Bring to a boil and keep the heat for 1 hour.
- After an hour, remove beans, peppers, shrimps and mussels. Set aside for garnishing.
- In a pan/paella pan with little oil, sauté the rice, when rice is transparent in color, add 1.5L of the Meat Stock, spread the rice well in the pan, DO NOT STIR.
- Bring to a boil, when it reaches the boiling point, turn the heat low, when the stock has totally evaporated, top it up with the peppers, beans, shrimp, and mussels in a decorative way. We also added slices of hard cooked eggs just to bring bright colors to this paella dish.
- Cover with foil. Let it stand for 2-3 minutes before serving.
Let us know what you think of our Best Traditional Filipino Seafood Paella Recipe. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop a line through our comment section below. The Urban Recipes would love to hear from you. Feedbacks will definitely help and improve us more to provide you with only the best recipes that you all deserve. Happy Cooking everyone!