Who would forget the famous movie “Ratatouille” where this famous dish by the same name ratatouille is served in a certain French restaurant located in Paris?
Ratatouille recipe is a vegetable stew recipe. Ratatouille is healthy and can always be served any time of the week. This is the best and so good even when served with just over easy eggs. But you can always make some experiment like serving ratatouille with baked or pan seared salmon on top of it.
I learned this recipe from my Chef Instructor way back in our culinary school and made some experiments over the years. You can never go wrong with vegetables- in terms of health, taste and cost-saving ingredients.
Eat healthy today and try this famous Ratatouille recipe.
BEST RATATOUILLE RECIPE FROM THE MOVIE RATATOUILLE
Preparation Time: 10 MINS.
Cooking Time: 20 MINS.
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 pc Yellow Onion (chopped)
- ½ pc Eggplant (sliced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- ½ pc Zucchini (sliced)
- ½ Red bell pepper (mirepoix)
- ½ Green bell pepper (mirepoix)
- pinch Thyme (dried)
- pinch Rosemary (dried)
- 3 pcs Tomato (ripe, peeled, seeded, chopped)
- 1 pc Bayleaf
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley Leaves (chopped)
- 3 pcs Fresh Basil (minced)
- ½ cup yellow squash (diced)
- Salt and pepper
- Over medium heat, sauté onions until translucent then add garlic and yellow squash and cook, stirring frequently until yellow squash are slightly softened. Add the eggplant and stir until it slightly softened.
- Add zucchini and bell peppers and cook, stirring until softened.
- Add tomatoes and thyme, rosemary, parsley and bay leaf then season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and cook stirring occasionally until vegetables are cooked and blended together.
- Stir in the fresh basil and remove from heat. Serve warm.
Let us know what you think of our Best Ratatouille Recipe from the movie Ratatouille. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop a line through our comment section below. The Urban Recipes would love to hear from you. Feedbacks will definitely help and improve us more to provide you with only the best recipes that you all deserve. Happy Cooking everyone!