Beef Wellington Puff Pastry Recipe is a beef recipe famous in French Cuisines.
Beef Wellington Puff Patry is a dish preparing the fillet steak of beef wrapped in puff pastry. You can see some beef wellington puff pastry recipes that include wrapping the coated meat in a crepe so the moisture of puff pastry is retain and prevents it from being soggy.
We learned this Beef wellington Puff Pastry Recipe from our French Cuisine during our culinary days, and because I love beef (oh dear! our family loves beef), it is a lot easier for me to enjoy cooking this beef wellington puff pastry dish every now and then. And the fact that this beef wellington puff pastry recipe has mushroom ingredient always excites me because I love any kind of mushrooms.
Beef is really good with mustard, but for those who don’t like mustard that much, I’m telling you that it won’t overpower the beef; it actually combines well with beef wellington. How about the sound of a steak wrapped in golden brown flaky pastry huh? Sounds scrumptious right?
Try this Beef Wellington Puff Pastry Recipe and enjoy its goodness with bearnaise sauce. (see Easy Bearnaise Sauce Recipe for Steak for reference)
PUFF PASTRY RECIPE
Preparation Time: 20 MINS.
Cooking Time: 40 MINS. – 1 HOUR
- 1 portion Beef fillet (tenderloin)
- 1 portion Portabella mushroom
- 1 portion Prosciutto
- 1 portion Puff pastry
- Dash of Mustard
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and coarse grind pepper
- Egg (for brushing the puff pastry)
- Drizzle beef with olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Be generous when seasoning beef with salt, unlike pork it doesn’t absorb the salt much. You don’t have to rub the salt and pepper.
- Sear seasoned beef in hot pan. Then brush with mustard on seasoned beef, set aside.
- Chop portabella mushroom then season with salt and pepper.
- Put the chopped mushroom in the food processor then put in hot pan to draw out moisture. Set aside.
- Brush the beef with mustard. Set aside.
- Spread cling wrap on table.
- Spread prosciutto then spread mushroom.
- Lay beef and roll it on the assembled prosciutto and mushroom. Seal tight with the cling wrap and chill for 20 minutes.
AFTER 20 MINUTES:
- Remove from cling wrap.
- Spread puff pastry on a clean surface of your table or plate.
- Place beef roll on top of puff pastry.
- Brush egg wash around the beef roll.
- Cover the entire beef with pastry.
- Chill for 5 minutes.
- After chilling, glaze the entire puff pastry with egg wash.
- Put in oven 200 degrees F for 12 minutes or until puff pastry is in full bloom.
- Serve beef wellington with the bearnaise sauce.
Let us know what you think of our Beef Wellington Puff Pastry Recipe. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this recipe, don’t hesitate to drop a line through our comment section below. The Urban Recipes would love to hear from you. Feedbacks will definitely help and improve us more to provide you with only the best recipes that you all deserve. Happy Cooking everyone!